White Layer Cake
A pleasant surprise awaits all who profit by her suggestions, which were drawn from her vast storehouse of practical knowledge
Her notes indicate this recipe won 29 First Prizes
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/3 c
- 2 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- whole milk (at room temp)
- 1 tsp
- whites of three eggs (at room temp)
How to Make White Layer Cake
- 1Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter or spray with cooking spray 2 9 inch round baking pans, place parchment round in each, spray or butter again and coat with flour.
- 2Cream shortening and sugar.
Sift flour with baking powder and add to the creamed mixture, alternately with the milk
- 3Add flavoring and mix well
Gently fold in the well beaten egg whites.
- 4Pour into prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and cake tester comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and invert onto cooling rack.
Cool completely before frosting.