while most are hating that they got a fruitcake for Christmas, i cant keep up with the demand for them! enjoy!
There are no raisins or citrus peel in this on purpose. there is no alcohol in this on purpose. and the rum flavoring does not make you think its in there either, it add a depth of flavor only. DO NOT USE citrus rind peel and make this, it will be awful!!
1/2 lbbutter, softened
2 tspvanilla extract
1 tspreal lemon juice
1 1/2 tsprum extract
1 tspalmond extract
1 lbcandied cherries
1 lbcandied pineapple
2 cchopped pecans
2 cchopped walnuts
How to Make White Fruitcake
- set aside 2 cherries and 4 bits of pineapple for topping the finished cake later.
- Use 1 cup of flour to coat pineapple and cherries, tossing together. Add nuts. Mix. Set aside.
- Cream butter then add sugar, cream mixture, then add eggs, mix more, add flavorings. Add the other cup of flour to creamed mixture. mix well. fold in fruit and nut flour mixture till no dry flour is showing.
- Place in well sprayed not buttered, tube pan or mini loaf pans. Tap on counter for mixture to settle in pan, you dont want voids in it. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 65 minutes. test with fork, it is done when you put the fork in the middle of the cake and the tines come out just barely covered with batter. that is why the range in time. it matters what pan you use. the butter will be bubbly and the smell with start to change to where you wonder if you are gonna burn it, it is usually done then. the heat that is held in it carries the last bit of cooking. Dump cake out of pan after about 10 mins. Don't wait too late or the sugars in it will prevent you from ever getting it out.
- Dot cake with the pineapple and cherries cut in half that you saved. let it cool til just warm to the touch. wrap in plastic wrap, and let rest for a few hours.this is a must. it is still cooking and the moisture is redistributing. when it is totally cool, then cut and enjoy.
- you can mix this in a stand mixer with a dough hook but be careful, they are powerful and you dont want mush. take it easy, pulse and push it around with a big spoon.