- almond macaroon crust: 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 t. cinnamon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups macaroon cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- stir together all ingredients until blended. pat mixture on bottom of a 10 inch glass pie plate and bake at 350 for 8 minutes. allow to cool.
- white chocolate cheesecake filling: 1 pkg. cream cheese, room temperature, 8 oz
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 6 oz. white chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. rum
melted white chocolate. Put bowl in larger bowl with warm water to keep
chocolate from firming up too rapidly while you whip the cream. Beat cream with
vanilla and rum until stiff. Remove bowl from water bath and beat in whipped
cream until blended. Pour mixture into prepared crust and refrigerate until
firm. Top can be decorated with grated semi sweet chocolate and chocolate
leaves. Or you may prefer to spoon a little raspberries in syrup on the top at
serving time. Either are delicious accompaniments. This dessert can be made a
day ahead and stored in refrigerator. While chocolate can be melted in top of a
double oiler over hot, not boiling water.
When you make this glorious dessert, you will wonder how anything so
extravagantly delicious could be so easy. A further bonus, this mousselike
cheesecake does not have to be baked and can be assembled in very little time.
Source: Renny Darling