1 cchopped walnuts or pecans
1 boxyellow cake mix
1 boxlarge instant vanilla pudding
1/2 ccold water
1/2 cvegetable oil
1/2 cwhiskey, i've used crown royal, southern comfort and jack daniels with success
1 stickbutter, softened
1 cgranulated sugar
How to Make Whiskey Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour 12 inch bundt or 10 inch tube pan.
- Place chopped nuts in bottom of pan. In mixing bowl, blend cake mix, instant pudding, water, oil, eggs and 1/2 cup whiskey. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter over nuts. Bake approximately 1 hour or until cake top springs back when lightly touched.
- Let cool and invert onto serving dish, pricking the top of the cake with a toothpick. While cake is cooling, prepare glaze.
- Mix butter, water and sugar together in saucepan. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add the other 1/2 cup whiskey. Pour glaze slowly over cake, allowing glaze to absorb into cake.