Whipping Cream Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
2 stickbutter (no substitutes) at room temperature
3 ccake flour (can use sifted all purpose flour)
1/2 cwhipping cream
CREAM CHEESE ICING
8 ozcream cheese (at room temperature)
1/2 stickbutter (no substitutes) at room temperature
4 c10x powdered sugar (can sift)
How to Make Whipping Cream Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Prepare a tube pan for baking a cake. I still use butter from the room temperature butter wrappers and cover all area of the cake pan and cut a piece of wax paper to place in bottom of pan. You can also add a little flour and gently tap the pan to evenly spread the flour over the butter.(can you tell I am a child of the 70's!)
- CAKE BATTER: Cream the butter and sugar until well blended using a mixer. Add an egg (1 at a time) beating well between each addition of egg. Next, add the whipping cream from carton (not whipped) mixing well. Finally, slowly add the flour making sure it is mixed well. Pour evenly into the tube pan. Place in a cold oven and turn on to 325*. Bake for 1&1/2 hours. Cool completely on a wire rack. Turn onto the plate you want to use for serving making sure you have the top of the cake on top and the bottom on the bottom.
NOTE-You can also add 2 teaspoonfuls of vanilla or your favorite flavoring such as lemon or almond extract. (if you desire) I like mine plain!
Now it is time for icing the cake. (unless you are like my father and just want the cake without the icing)
- Note: to make a chocolate pound cake--add 1/2 cup of Hershey's chocolate syrup and 6-8 oz of melted Hershey's candy bar. Need to add a little more flour (about 1/8 cup).
Cooking time will vary to almost 2hrs!!
Make sure you use a cake tester or tooth pick to make sure it is done.
- ICING: using a mixer, cream the creamed cheese and butter until well mixed. Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing well. You can pipe with this icing.
If too stiff for your liking, you can decrease the amount of powdered sugar.
NOTE-You can also add 1-2 teaspoonfuls of vanilla if desired. I leave mine plain.
- Note: to make chocolate butter cream icing--add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to icing and mix well.