Whipped Evaporated Milk
I had tried to figure out a way to do this myself; but it never worked. NOW I have the answer! What an AHA! moment! This could solve some problems when whipping cream is just not a reality!!! I tend to keep unflavored gelatin on hand; so voila!
How to Make Whipped Evaporated Milk
- 1Sweeten evaporated milk with powdered sugar and a touch of vanilla before whipping it into a foamy topping for cocoa, pie or fresh fruit. A bit of gelatin will give it staying power for a beautiful presentation.
- 2POUR evaporated milk into small mixer bowl; place beaters into mixture. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until ice crystals form around edge of bowl.
- 3BEAT on high speed for 1 minute or until very frothy. Gradually add sugar and vanilla extract; continue beating for 2 minutes or until mixture is stiff. Serve immediately spooned over fresh fruit or your favorite dessert.
- 4NOTE: For Whipped NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk that holds up to 30 minutes: Sprinkle 1 teaspoon gelatin over 2 tablespoons water in small, microwave-safe bowl; let stand for 2 minutes. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 40 seconds; stir. Let stand for additional 2 minutes or until dissolved. Pour 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk or Evaporated Fat Free Milk and dissolved gelatin into small mixer bowl; follow recipe for Whipped Topping. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
This recipe makes 4 cups.
- 5ANOTHER NOTE: I haven't tried this one yet, and I certainly haven't tried it with the recipe I posted for Homemade Evaporated Milk. However, I will do so soon and post my findings. If any of you get to it sooner, please post your experiences and what you think of it. (w/pics if possible-I know they aren't always possible!).