wheely delicious cake
16 ozcake mix, yellow
1 cvanilla or white chocolate chips
·orange and red paste food coloring
7 crice cereal
12.4 oztwizzler rainbow twists
2 box7 ozs each runts
16 ozvanilla frosting
2 largered gum drops
1 bag(s)mini lollipops
·blue paper cupcake liners
How to Make wheely delicious cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 11/2 quart oven proof pyrex bowl. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared bowl and smooth top.
- Bake 400-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes up clean. Let cool 15 minutes in bowl then invert onto wire rack and allow to cool completely. In a small microwave safe bowl melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips until smooth.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with wax paper. Grease sides well and set aside. Combine butter and marshmallows in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave until melted 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally. Tint mixture bright orange with food coloring. Stir in rice cereal and melted white chocolate until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and press it down evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Remove cereal treat from cake pan. Cut twizzlers into 12-41/2 inch pieces. Microwave remaining white chocolate chips until smooth about 1 minute. Spoon melted chocolate chips into a small resalable bag.
- Snip a small piece from the corner of bag and pipe lines of chocolate to attach twizzler pieces. Then pipe white chocolate dots near the edge and attach runts in a decorative pattern.
- Refrigerate until candies are set about 5 minutes. Carefully flip cereal treat and repeat on other side. Reheat chocolate if necessary. Attach a gumdrop to the center of each side of cereal treat with chocolate.
- Tint vanilla frosting red with food coloring. Place cake rounded side up on a serving platter. Cut a 2-inch wide by 3-inch long by 1-inch deep notch from top of cake to rest wheel in.
- Ice cake with red frosting and orange and green runts around base.
- Insert about 5 lollipops trough each cupcake liner using the sticks to attach liners to cereal treat.
- Insert skewers about a 1/2-inch apart into bottom edge of cereal treat leaving 3 inches showing. Stand wheel and insert skewers into notch of frosted cake press to secure.