wheely delicious cake
- 16 oz
- cake mix, yellow
- 1 c
- vanilla or white chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp
- 10 oz
- orange and red paste food coloring
- 7 c
- rice cereal
- 12.4 oz
- twizzler rainbow twists
- 2 box
- 7 ozs each runts
- 16 oz
- vanilla frosting
- 2 large
- red gum drops
- 1 bag(s)
- mini lollipops
- blue paper cupcake liners
- wooden skewers
How to Make wheely delicious cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 11/2 quart oven proof pyrex bowl. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared bowl and smooth top.
- 2Bake 400-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes up clean. Let cool 15 minutes in bowl then invert onto wire rack and allow to cool completely. In a small microwave safe bowl melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips until smooth.
- 3Line the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with wax paper. Grease sides well and set aside. Combine butter and marshmallows in a large microwave safe bowl.
- 4Microwave until melted 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally. Tint mixture bright orange with food coloring. Stir in rice cereal and melted white chocolate until well blended.
- 5Spoon mixture into prepared pan and press it down evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 6Remove cereal treat from cake pan. Cut twizzlers into 12-41/2 inch pieces. Microwave remaining white chocolate chips until smooth about 1 minute. Spoon melted chocolate chips into a small resalable bag.
- 7Snip a small piece from the corner of bag and pipe lines of chocolate to attach twizzler pieces. Then pipe white chocolate dots near the edge and attach runts in a decorative pattern.
- 8Refrigerate until candies are set about 5 minutes. Carefully flip cereal treat and repeat on other side. Reheat chocolate if necessary. Attach a gumdrop to the center of each side of cereal treat with chocolate.
- 9Tint vanilla frosting red with food coloring. Place cake rounded side up on a serving platter. Cut a 2-inch wide by 3-inch long by 1-inch deep notch from top of cake to rest wheel in.
- 10Ice cake with red frosting and orange and green runts around base.
- 11Insert about 5 lollipops trough each cupcake liner using the sticks to attach liners to cereal treat.
- 12Insert skewers about a 1/2-inch apart into bottom edge of cereal treat leaving 3 inches showing. Stand wheel and insert skewers into notch of frosted cake press to secure.