Watermelon Ice Cream Cake
How to Make Watermelon Ice Cream Cake
- Wrap the inside of a medium mixing bowl with a thick layer of plastic wrap.
- Spread a thick layer of pistachio or mint ice cream in bowl, covering the bottoma and the sides. Cover entire inside of bowl. Make sure ice cream is packed tight against entire bowl and put the bowl in freezer while you get the sorbet ready.
- In a large bowl combine sorbet and chocolate morsels being very careful doing so.
- Spread the sorbet over the ice cream already molded to bowl. Smooth off the top.
- Cover bowl with tinfoil and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- To remove cake from mold, invert bowl onto plate and carefully lift bowl. Carefully remove plastic wrap from cake. Use a flat metal spatula dipped in water to smooth the surface of the cake.
- To cut the cake: Using a sharp kniofe dipped in warm water, make first slice thru center, then two more slices on each side (5 vertical slices) Now make one horizontal slice thru the center and you will have 12 slices.
- NOTES: This can be made up to a week in advance if wrapped tight and frozen. When ready to serve allow to thaw at room temp for about 10 min.
You can also add a layer of lemon or pineapple sherbet or sorbet in between the green and red to add the whitish layer that is in an actual watermelon.
You can add morsels after slicing, to each piece individually if you prefer
Make it a cantelope! Use orange sherbet instead of the strawberry..