Warm Winter Lemon Cake
Picture from Kraft.
- 1 box
- (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 2 pkg
- (3.4 oz. each) jell-o lemon flavor instant pudding
- 1/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 c
- cold milk
- 1 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
- for stronger lemon flavor, add the zest and juice from 1 lemon to pudding mixture before pouring over batter in baking dish.
- raspberries optional
How to Make Warm Winter Lemon Cake
- 1HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- 2PREPARE cake batter as directed on package; pour into greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 3BEAT dry pudding mixes, granulated sugar, milk and water with whisk 2 min.; pour over batter in dish. Place baking dish on baking sheet. (Baking sheet will catch any sauce that might bubble over sides of dish as dessert bakes.)
- 4BAKE 55 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 min. (Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.) Sprinkle with powdered sugar. May top with raspberries if desired. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.