Warm Winter Lemon Cake
- 1 pkg
- (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 2 c
- cold milk
- 1 1/4 c
- 2 pkg
- (4-serving size each) jell-o lemon flavor instant pudding & pie filling
- 1/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
How to Make Warm Winter Lemon Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Pour into greased 13x9 baking dish ;set aside.
- 2Pour milk and water into large bowl. add dry pudding mixes and graulated sugar. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Pour over batter. Place baking dish on baking sheet to catch any sauce that might bubble over sides of dish as dessert bakes. (And make sure it is a large one... because it will bubble over)
- 3Bake 55 min-1hr. or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 min. (Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.) Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Spoon into serving dishes. Store left overs in refrigerator.
- 4If you want to jazz it up add lemon flavor and/or lemon peel, lemon juice to pudding mix.