Warm Cake/Cookie Glaze-Annette's
Recipe and photo are my own.
- 1 c
- powder sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- heavy cream or whole milk
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla or almond extract
- 1 pinch
- nutmeg, cinnamon or cardamom powder
- lemon, orange, lime zest (optional)
- lemon, orange, lime juice (optional)
How to Make Warm Cake/Cookie Glaze-Annette's
- 1The consistency of this glaze can be altered depending on the thickness you are seeking. Simply add more or less powdered sugar and milk/juice to reach the consistency you want. My original recipe creates a glaze that drizzles very nicely with a medium thickness.
- 2Combine the milk or heavy cream and vanilla or almond extract in a medium saucepan and heat over low heat until warm.
**This is where you would add the juice if using**
- 3Sift powder sugar into milk mixture. Whisk slowly, until well combined, adding the nutmeg or cinnamon when the glaze is almost ready.
**This is when you would add the zest if using**
- 4Drizzle the glaze over the warm cake and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- 5**If you're wanting to make a citrus flavored glaze, replace the milk with the juice of whatever fruit you are using as well as adding the zest of the same fruit.**