Warm Cake/Cookie Glaze-Annette's
Recipe and photo are my own.
1 cpowder sugar
2 Tbspheavy cream or whole milk
1/2 tspvanilla or almond extract
1 pinchnutmeg, cinnamon or cardamom powder
·lemon, orange, lime zest (optional)
·lemon, orange, lime juice (optional)
How to Make Warm Cake/Cookie Glaze-Annette's
- The consistency of this glaze can be altered depending on the thickness you are seeking. Simply add more or less powdered sugar and milk/juice to reach the consistency you want. My original recipe creates a glaze that drizzles very nicely with a medium thickness.
- Combine the milk or heavy cream and vanilla or almond extract in a medium saucepan and heat over low heat until warm.
**This is where you would add the juice if using**
- Sift powder sugar into milk mixture. Whisk slowly, until well combined, adding the nutmeg or cinnamon when the glaze is almost ready.
**This is when you would add the zest if using**
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm cake and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- **If you're wanting to make a citrus flavored glaze, replace the milk with the juice of whatever fruit you are using as well as adding the zest of the same fruit.**