Walnut, Raisin, Apple Bars
2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
2 clight brown sugar, packed
1 stickbutter or margarine, softened
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cpeeled and cored apples, diced
3/4 cwalnuts, diced
1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
How to Make Walnut, Raisin, Apple Bars
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Liberally spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, egg and margarine for two minutes until blended. Add vanilla and beat another minute
- On low speed of mixer, gradually add in the flour mixture until well incorporated.
- Stir in the apples, raisins and walnuts. Spread in baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. While still hot, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Do not cut into bars until completely cooled.
- If you want a gooey dessert, poke holes in the cake and pour caramel topping over the top.....