Wall to Wall Chocolate Cake
When the request is chocolate-this is what I make.
It goes so fast- you might have to make 2!
- eggs, separated
- bars, germans sweet chocolate
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tsp
- granulated sugar
- 4 tsp
- all purpose flour
How to Make Wall to Wall Chocolate Cake
- 1Grease and line a 9" loaf pan with parchment paper. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Beat in butter by hand or with an electric mixer. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- 2In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Slowly add sugar to eggs, beating constantly. Add flour, beat until just blended. Add to chocolate mixture. Gently fold in egg whites.
- 3Place batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Do not over bake! Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate until well chilled. Invert, slice and serve. Can be cold or at room temp.