Wall-e Birthday Cake
- 4 box
- of cake mix of your choice and flavor of your choice
- 1/2 c
- solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 c
- (1 stick) butter softened
- 4 c
- sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- milk (of your choice)
- yellow food coloring
- black food coloring
- grey food coloring (just add black, just alittle at a time, so it gets the color you like
- red food coloring gel pen (sold in the baking isle)
- wooden cake rods
- 1 box
- pre-made fondant (at micheals)
- 1 box
- rice crispy treats all ready made, (stronger hold than homemade) for the eyes and wheels)
- plastic cockroach
FOLLOW EXACT BAKING DIRECTIONS BAKE IN A 9X9 PAN
TOOLS NEEDED FOR ASSEMBLY
How to Make Wall-e Birthday Cake
In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using
Separate frosting into three bowls, you will need MORE yellow than any other color, grey second largest amount, and finally black, but not alot of it.
- 4Place the first layer of cake down onto a foiled pan (cookie sheet and cover with tin foil) or go to Michaels and buy a cake card board.
take your cakes and layer them onto of each other(in between layering cakes, spread butter cream frosting in between each layer to help hold cake in place. then once you have achieved a perfect square (like a small box) cover the remaining cake in butter cream and place in fridge to harden.
- 5while cake is chilling, take your rice crispy treats and shape and mold them into large eyes and side bobcat style wheels for the side. cover them with fondant, ONLY if you are sure they are the side and thickness you want for your cake, before placing fondant over them.
Place in fridge to harden( easier to place on cake if strong and hard
THEN TAKE A NIGHT CAP!!!!!!! GET TO THE REST IN THE MORNING :)
- 7do the wheels first, I used two rods to place through the side of the rice crispy treat into the cake, on both sides of the cake.(MAY TAKE MORE RODS,BUT TRY AND STICK TO TWO)
THEN for the eyes, TRICKY, (get help for this step) hold the eyes at an angle and slide the rods downward so the weight of the eyes is toward the center of the cake and not weighing down the back of the cake, which may cause your cake to collapse! :(
Once those are secure, place back in the fridge to cool stiff again, while cake is cooling, mix your food coloring into your frostings,