Wacky Depression Era Cake
·this recipe makes a single cake. to make a layered cake, double the recipe and pour into 2 seperate 9 inch baking pans
1 1/2 cunsifted all purpose flour
1/4 cunsweetened cocoa powder
1 tspbaking soda...not baking powder
2/3 ccorn oil
1 Tbspwhite vinegar...or apple cider vinegar
1 tsppure vanilla extract
CHOCOLATE GANACHE INGREDIENTS:
8 ozchocolate chips
4 Tbspnon dairy creamer (liquid) i used coffeemate french vanilla
How to Make Wacky Depression Era Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Then add in all wet ingredients and mix til well combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 inch cake pan.
- Bake on middle rack for about 30-35 minutes or til toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- TO MAKE GANACHE...
Heat the chocolate chips and non dairy creamer in a saucepan on med/low heat, stirring constantly til melted and smooth.
- Then flip the cooled cake, upside down, onto a platter.
- Pour the warm chocolate ganache over the top of cake.
- Serve chilled!