Wacky Banana Cake
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
I found this recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens baking cook book. I've baking this for 10 years. It's always a hit. The original recipe is baked in a 8x8 pan. I doubled it and us a 9x13. I also use more cinnamon than the original recipe.
My brother in law really isn't a cake fan, now that's wacky! He loves this cake. It's so moist and the toffee chips give it a nice twist.
Whenever my bananas get too ripe I pop them in the freezer. Then when I need them I defrost them and drain any excess water. This way I always have ripe bananas on hand.
1 1/2 csugar
2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 stickbutter, melted
1/2 ccold water
2 Tbspwhite vinegar
1 cmini chocolate chips
1/2 ctoffee chips such as hershey's heath toffee chips
How to Make Wacky Banana Cake
- In an ungreased 9 X 13 pan stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the bananas, melted butter, cold water and vinegar. Stir just until combined.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick insterted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the hot cake with the toffee chips. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares to serve.