Vavo:s Lidia LEMON BARS
1 1/2 cplus 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1/2 cplus 1tablespoon confectioners sugar
3/4 ccold butter cut into small pieces.
1 csplendor (or granulated sudar
1/2 tspbaking powder
·you can also use finely chopped almonds or even pistachios.
How to Make Vavo:s Lidia LEMON BARS
- Preheat oven to 350*
LINE 13"by 9" metal baking pan with foil.
EXTENDING foil over short ends' lightly grease foil.
- IN medium bowl' combine 1 1/2cups of flour and 1/2cup of confectioners sugar.
WITH pastry blender (OR 2 knifes) used scissor-fashion, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- SPRINKLE dough evenly into prepare pan.
With floured hand, pat dough firmly into bottom.
Bake15 to 17 minutes, until lightly browned.
- MEANWHILE, from lemons , grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze 1/3 cup juice.
IN large bowl,with mixer at high speed, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored, about 3 minutes.
REDUCE speed to low;add lemon peel and juice,splendor or fine sugar,baking power, salt and the remaining 3 tablespoons of flour and beat until well blended, scraping bowl occasionally.
- POUR lemon filling over warm crust and bake it for 15 minutes or until filling is just set and golden around edges.TRANSFER pan to wire wrack. SIFT remaining 1 Tablespoon of confectioners sugar over warm filling,and scatter nuts over.
COOL completely in pan on wire wrack.
- WHEN COOL,Transfer with foil to cutting board.
CUT into diamonds or bars shape.
AND ENJOY IT FROM MOM'S KITCHEN TO ALL.