Vanilla White Cake
1/2 cbutter (room temperature)
2 cwhite sugar
3 1/2 cflour
3 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 cice water
1/2 tspalmond extract
4egg whites, beaten stiff (on high speed, for approx four minutes)
How to Make Vanilla White Cake
- 1. Add sugar to the butter and mix on LOW setting for about ten minutes. (important step)
2. Sift all dry ingredients together in bowl.
3. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with ice water and flavorings to sugar and butter mixture..beating thoroughly after every addition.
4. Fold in (stiffly beaten) egg whites.
5. Grease two 9-inch cake pans, and then lightly dust them with flour. Pour batter evenly into the cake pans.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
7. Cool down cakes, and frost with favorite type of frosting.
NOTE: I recommend a Just a Pinch Members posting by, Sherry Symmonds, 'Yummy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting' (this is such a delish frosting)
Yummy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting