Vanilla Rocky Road Cake
Any brand of cake mix will work, but the eggs, oil and water amounts may change. Follow the directions on your mix.
1 boxyellow cake mix, any brand
1/3 cvegetable oil
1 1/4 cwater
1/2 to 1 cpecans, coarsely chopped, toasted
1/2 to 1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can(s)fluffy white frosting, any brand
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cmarshmallows, mini
1/2 cpecans, coarsely chopped and toasted
How to Make Vanilla Rocky Road Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 cake pans with baker's spray or grease and flour the pans.
- Mix cake mix as directed on the box. Your ingredients may be different than on the mix I used. Any yellow cake mix will work.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips and mix well by hand. Pour into prepared pans and bake as directed on the cake mix.
- Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes then remove from pans to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Put frosting into a bowl and stir til smooth. Add 1/2 cup each pecans, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Stir gently til well mixed.
- Place one cake layer on a plate and cover with half the frosting. Add remaining layer and cover the top with the rest of the frosting. You don't need to cover the sides of the cake as the frosting will be very difficult to spread on a vertical surface.