Vanilla Pound Cake W/ A Moscato Wine & Pear Syrup
Plus, I did a taste test on 6 different pear varieties to decide which one would be best for this dish. Visit my blog to see the delicious results!
- sticks of butter (not margarine)
- 1 lb
- of powdered sugar (sifted)
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 1 lb
- of all purpose flour - 3 1/2 cups (sifted)
- 2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- bartlett or bosc pears, sliced (you could also use 1 of each)
- 1 c
- moscato wine (i used crane lake)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- reduced moscato wine and pear syrup
INGREDIENTS FOR POUND CAKE
INGREDIENTS FOR PEAR TOPPING
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM
How to Make Vanilla Pound Cake W/ A Moscato Wine & Pear Syrup
- 1Directions For Pound Cake - Preheat oven to 325. Spray a tube pan with Pam Cooking Spray. Rub in with fingers especially if using a fluted pan. You want to make sure that all the surface is coated so the cake won't stick.
- 2Cream butter well. Gradually add sugar and blend until smooth.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- 4Add sour cream and mix well.
- 5Beat in flour. Then add flavoring.
- 6Pour into pan and bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Leave in pan for 10 minutes. Then remove to a cooling rack.
- 7As with any cake you're supposed to allow it to cool before slicing but I love a piece when the top is slightly crusty and the inside is soft,warm and that vanilla, buttery aroma steams up to your nose with each bite! In your kitchen you make and break the rules. Just enjoy!
- 8Directions For Pear Topping - Marinate sliced pears in wine for about 2 hours.
- 9Drain and add wine to a saucepan.
- 10Simmer over low heat until reduced by half, approximately 10 minutes.
- 11Allow to cool because you're going to add a tablespoon into your whipped cream.
- 12After you make your whipped cream saute the pears in butter until tender and slightly caramelized. Spoon over slices of pound cake. Drizzle with syrup and top with a big helping of whipped cream!
- 13Directions For Whipped Cream - Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- 14Add in sugar. Combine.
- 15Then add vanilla and Moscato syrup. Beat just enough to blend. Refrigerate while you saute your pears.