Vanilla Pound Cake W/ A Moscato Wine & Pear Syrup
Plus, I did a taste test on 6 different pear varieties to decide which one would be best for this dish. Visit my blog to see the delicious results!
3sticks of butter (not margarine)
1 lbof powdered sugar (sifted)
8 ozsour cream
1 lbof all purpose flour - 3 1/2 cups (sifted)
INGREDIENTS FOR POUND CAKE
2 Tbspvanilla extract
INGREDIENTS FOR PEAR TOPPING
2bartlett or bosc pears, sliced (you could also use 1 of each)
1 cmoscato wine (i used crane lake)
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM
1 cheavy cream
1/2 Tbsppowdered sugar
1 Tbspreduced moscato wine and pear syrup
How to Make Vanilla Pound Cake W/ A Moscato Wine & Pear Syrup
- Directions For Pound Cake - Preheat oven to 325. Spray a tube pan with Pam Cooking Spray. Rub in with fingers especially if using a fluted pan. You want to make sure that all the surface is coated so the cake won't stick.
- Cream butter well. Gradually add sugar and blend until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Beat in flour. Then add flavoring.
- Pour into pan and bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Leave in pan for 10 minutes. Then remove to a cooling rack.
- As with any cake you're supposed to allow it to cool before slicing but I love a piece when the top is slightly crusty and the inside is soft,warm and that vanilla, buttery aroma steams up to your nose with each bite! In your kitchen you make and break the rules. Just enjoy!
- Directions For Pear Topping - Marinate sliced pears in wine for about 2 hours.
- Drain and add wine to a saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat until reduced by half, approximately 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool because you're going to add a tablespoon into your whipped cream.
- After you make your whipped cream saute the pears in butter until tender and slightly caramelized. Spoon over slices of pound cake. Drizzle with syrup and top with a big helping of whipped cream!
- Directions For Whipped Cream - Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add in sugar. Combine.
- Then add vanilla and Moscato syrup. Beat just enough to blend. Refrigerate while you saute your pears.