Vanilla cupcakes with lime filling and lime frosting
I had Lime curd in the cupboard and a cake mix, The results were fantastic, refreshing, sweet with a little tang. I could not find a recipe for lime frosting that I liked, most called for zest which I did not have so I made my butter cream and added Lime curd to it.
A really good Cupcake and pretty too
How to Make Vanilla cupcakes with lime filling and lime frosting
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees
Place cupcake liners in Cupcake pan
- 2Mix cake according to directions on the box, fill each cupcake tin 3/4 full.
Add 1 heaping tsp of lime curd to the middle of the cupcake batter. Don't worry if it sticks out a little
- 3Bake according to directions on cake box or until toothpick comes clean and cakes are light golden in color
- 4Remove from oven and cool completely.
- 5Frosting: beat softened butter until smooth add Lime curd and beat until smooth and thoroughly mixed, add vanilla and sifted powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy. Frost cooled cupcakes and enjoy