upside down cake
- 1/3 c
- 2/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/3 tsp
- 2/3 c
- water( but i use the pinapple juice)
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple slices
How to Make upside down cake
- 1cream butter; add sugar.add beaten agg yolks and vanilla.
- 2sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3add to first mixture alternately with the liquid (water or the juice).
- 4fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 5while making the cake, melt 4 tablespoons butter and 1 cup brown sugar in frying pan or dripping pan. when thick and syrupy arrange in syrup slices of canned pineapple or halves of fresh or canned peaches or two cups of any fruit cut in small pieces. NEVER FRESH PINEAPPLE
- 6pour in the batter and bake in moderate oven at 375F for about 35 minutes.
- 7remove at once to dish, turning upside down so that the fruit will be on top..
- 8serve hot with hard sauce or whipped cream.