6eggs - separated
1 lbbrown sugar
1 lbmargarine or butter
1 tspbaking powder
8 ozglazed cherries
8 ozglazed pineapple
3-1/2 Tbsplemon extract
1 lbshelled pecans
How to Make Uncle Johnny's Texas Pecan Cake
- Cream together brown sugar and margarine or butter. Add egg yolks. Reserve egg whites for Step 5.
- Dredge fruit in 2 cups of the flour.
- Mix baking powder and remaining two cups of flour, and add to sugar and egg batter.
- Stir in fruit mixture from Step 2.
- Beat egg whites to a soft peak and fold in.
- Pour into either a prepared 13 x 9 pan or Bundt pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 225 degrees for 3 to 3-1/2 hours, considering not all ovens were created equal. ;)
- Enjoy a big ol' hunk of Texas goodness with a large dollop of your favorite vanilla ice cream. Mmm-mmm good! ;)