Ultimate Chocolate Cheesecake with Macaroon Crust
- 1 t. butter
- 1 cup macaroon cookie crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature (3 pkgs, 8 oz. each)
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 pkg (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
How to Make Ultimate Chocolate Cheesecake with Macaroon Crust
- 1In a 10" springform pan, spread the butter on the bottom and sprinkle crumbs
evenly over all. Set pan aside. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat
together cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. Do not
overbeat. Beat in the melted chocolate until blended.
- 2Beat in the melted chocolate until blended. Pour mixture into prepared
pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Allow to cool and then refrigerate for at
least 6 hours. Overnight is good, too. Decorate top with a generous sprinkling
of grated chocolate. To serve, cut into wedges and keep the portions small.
Can be prepared 1 day earlier and stored in the refrigerator.
Two tablespoons Crème de Cacao can be added to the cream cheese mixture, if you
enjoy the subtle addition of liqueur.
- 3To gild the lily,Melt additional chocolate and put into a squeeze bottle or zip lock bag with a corner cut off. Drizzle melted chocolate over cheesecake in a decorative pattern and top with sliced strawberries to decorate.