TV Dinner Cupcakes
- cake mix, any flavor + ingredients listed on package to bake.
- 2-3 c
- white frosting. your own or store bought.
- 1 c
- corn flake crumbs
- 1/2 c
- white chocolate melts
- donut holes or mini muffins
- orange starburst candies
- yellow starburst candies
- 16 or so
- green "runts" candies
- 1-2 tsp
- caramel sauce
- cocoa powder to taste
- green food coloring
- foil cupcake liners
- foil disposable muffin tin
- sprinkles for dessert cupcake
How to Make TV Dinner Cupcakes
- 1Bake cupcakes in foil liners as directed on package. Let cool completely. Melt chocolate melts in microwave. Once melted, place in a ziploc bag. Snip corner and draw "bones" with the chocolate on waxed or parchment paper. (I drew a heart and then the straight part of the bone, ending it with a point at the end so that it can be placed into cupcake more easily). Make extras in case one or two of them break. Place in refrigerator to harden.
- 2"Glue" the donut holes or mini muffins on top of three of the cupcakes with frosting. Set in freezer for 10 minutes or so. Remove and frost all the way over the donuts/muffins and to the edge of the foil liners. Carefully sprinkle with cornflake crumbs to resemble fried chicken breading. When chocolate is hard, place into top of donut or muffin on cupcake to resemble chicken leg. I cut a slit with a sharp knife first to help it go in easier.
- 3Frost the "mashed potato" cupcake placing an indentation in the frosting for the "gravy". Top with yellow starburst candy and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- 4Place enough frosting to cover one cupcake into a small bowl and add green food coloring until it is close to the color of the runts candies. Frost 1 cupcake. Cut each of the orange starburst candies into quarters. Place on cupcake with the green runt candies to resemble peas and carrots.
- 5Place enough frosting into a small bowl and add cocoa powder to make chocolate frosting. Frost 1 cupcake. Add sprinkles to resemble tv dinner dessert.
- 6Place the cupcakes in a disposable foil muffin pan to resemble tv dinner tray.