TURTLE pumpkin CHEESECAKE
Looks like a lot of steps and time consuming, but it's all worth it!!
2 cchocolate wafers or chocolate animal crackers, finely crushed
1 stickbutter, melted
4 - 8 ozpkgs. cream cheese
1 cbrown sugar
1/4 call purpose flour
8 ozsour cream
1 - 15 ozcan pumpkin
2 tsppumpkin pie spice
5 largeeggs, separated
1 jar(s)caramel topping
1 jar(s)chocolate topping
1/2 cpecan chips, toasted
How to Make TURTLE pumpkin CHEESECAKE
- * To toast pecans, sprinkle in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until pecans begin to brown, then stirring constantly until light brown.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9inch springform pan with foil to prevent dripping. Spray bottom and sides of pan; set aside.
- Combine chocolate crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Mix well. Firmly press mixture into bottom and about an inch up on the sides of springform pan.
Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugars, add the flour, and sour cream.
* If you're making a swirl cheesecake, add the eggs next, ONE AT A TIME. Then reserve 2 1/2-3 cups of batter. Stir in the pumpkin and and pumpkin spice in remaining batter.
* If you're not making a swirl cheesecake, beat in the pumpkin and pumpkin spice. Next, add eggs, ONE AT A TIME.
- Sprinkle 1/8 cup of pecans on bottom of cooled crust.
Drizzle with caramel topping.
- FOR THE SWIRL: Spoon in batters alternatively and swirl with a knife.
NO SWIRL: Pour batter into crust
Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
When time is up, turn oven up to 325 degrees and bake another 30min.
*I do not recoment taking the cheesecake out of the oven after time is up. Simply turn oven off and allow cheesecake to cool down with the oven - atleast 3 hours.
Chill in fridge over night
- Top with remaining toasted pecans and drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauce.
***Be sure to use your cheesecake baking tips with every cheesecake you bake. It helps!***