1tub (8oz) frozen whipped topping (do not thaw)
1 pkgdevil's food cake mix
1 pkg(3.9 oz) chocolate instant pudding
1 1/2 Tbspwater
16oz cream cheese, softened
16vanilla wafers cookies
5squares semi-sweet chocolate, divided
How to Make TURTLE CAKE
- Spoon half the cool whip into a bowl; refrigerate to thaw. Return remaining cool whip to freezer. prepare cake batter by adding dry pudding mix to cake mix before adding liquid ingredients. Bake as directed on package for 2 (9inch) round layers. Cool cakes in pans for 2 minutes. Invert on cooling racks and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, microwave the caramels and water in a microwaveable bowl on high 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 45 seconds. Cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add caramel sauce; mix well. Blend in thawed whipped topping. Place one cake layer on plate; spread with half the cream cheese mixture. Cover with second cake layer; frost top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Microwave frozen whipped topping and 3 squares of chocolate for 3 minutes or until well blended, stirring after each mixture. Cool 10 minutes. Meanwhile, melt remaining chocolate as directed on package. Dip half of each wafer in chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Place a pecan half on each dipped chocolate covered wafer. Refrigerate till ready to use.
- Garnish with wafers. Keep refrigerated.