How to Make Turtle Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour 13x9 cake pan
- 2Prepare cake mix according to package directions
- 3Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes. Cool cake for 5 minutes.
- 4While cake is baking, combine caramels, butter, and sweetened condensed milk in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels melt. Then pour and spread over cake.
- 5Spread remaining batter evenly over caramel layer. Sprinkle pecans and chocolate chips over top. Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes. Then turn oven off, leaving cake in oven for 10 more minutes. Remove cake from oven and cool. Cut into squares to serve.