Tunnel of Lemon Bundt Cake
1 box(15 - 16 oz) lemon cake mix, your favorite brand
1 box(small) lemon instant pudding mix
1/3 cbutter, melted
1 c(minus 3 tablespoons) whole milk
3 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1 can(s)lemon pie filling
1 cpowdered sugar
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 - 3 tspmilk
How to Make Tunnel of Lemon Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or other large bowl, place the cake mix, lemon pudding mix, milk, butter and lemon juice. Using the paddle attachment, blend these ingredients until just mixed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, blending after each one. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula and then mix on medium speed for two minutes.
- Prepare a Bundt or tube pan by greasing and flouring it or spraying it with non-stick cooking spray with flour included.
- Pour ½ of the batter into a prepared pan.
- Spoon the pie filling in a ring on top of the batter. (Do not spread the filling to cover the batter from the wall to the tube of the pan.) It should look like a ring of lemon pie filling inside the ring of batter.
- Spoon the remainder of the batter into the pan and gently spread it to cover from wall to tube. (When baked, you will have the tunnel of lemon surrounded by cake.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
- Cake is ready when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (you may see lemon pie filling on it but no cake batter). (mine only took 50 minutes)
- FOR THE GLAZE: Mix the lemon juice and sugar together, and add milk by teaspoons until you get a thick glaze that can be drizzled over the cake.
- If it gets too loose, simply add a bit more sugar, to adjust.
- Drizzle glaze over completely cooled cake.