Tunnel Of Fudge Cake
How to Make Tunnel Of Fudge Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup bundt pan or 10" angel food tube pan.
- Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating until well blended.
- By hand, stir in flour, 3/4 cup cocoa and nuts; mix until well blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 58 to 62 minutes.
- Since this cake has a soft tunnel of fudge, ordinary doneness test cannot be used.
- Accurate oven temperature and baking time are critical.
- Let cake cool upright in pan on a rack for 1 hour; then invert onto serving plate and let cool completely.
- To make glaze, in a small bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar, remaining 1/4 cup cocoa, and milk.
- Mix until well blended.
- Spoon glaze over top of cool cake, allowing some to run down sides.
- Store cake tightly covered.
- ** Nuts are essential for the success of this recipe.