Tunnel Of Fudge Cake
How to Make Tunnel Of Fudge Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 12-cup bundt pan or 10" angel food tube pan.
- 3Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- 4In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating until well blended.
- 7By hand, stir in flour, 3/4 cup cocoa and nuts; mix until well blended.
- 8Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- 9Bake 58 to 62 minutes.
- 10Since this cake has a soft tunnel of fudge, ordinary doneness test cannot be used.
- 11Accurate oven temperature and baking time are critical.
- 12Let cake cool upright in pan on a rack for 1 hour; then invert onto serving plate and let cool completely.
- 13To make glaze, in a small bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar, remaining 1/4 cup cocoa, and milk.
- 14Mix until well blended.
- 15Spoon glaze over top of cool cake, allowing some to run down sides.
- 16Store cake tightly covered.
- 17** Nuts are essential for the success of this recipe.