TUITTIE FRUITTIE MOCHI TARTS/CAKE
Jo Anne Sugimoto
These are delicious and so easy to make up in a flash.
116 oz. box of mochiko (japanese rice flour) gluten-free
1 can(s)evaporated milk (12 oz.)
2 tspbaking powder
2 tspvanilla extract
1 tsporange zest
2/3 cfresh or frozen strawberries, chopped into small cubes
2/3 cfresh or frozen blueberries
2/3 cmangoes, chopped
YOU CAN CHAMGE UP THE FRUITS TO YOUR CHOICE.
How to Make TUITTIE FRUITTIE MOCHI TARTS/CAKE
- Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, mix after adding each egg and incorporate well.
- Mix in evaporated milk to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Mix in the mochiko, baking powder, orange zest and vanilla extract.
- Fold in all your fruits.
- Pour fruit batter into small tart molds or a 9 x 13 pan.
- If you are using the tart molds, check them after 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them sit for about 10 minutes, then you can remove them from the molds.
- Remove the mochi cake after an hour from the oven onto a wire rack to cool completely. Allow the mochi to set.
- Dust the tarts and the cake tops with powdered sugar.