★★★★★ 2 votes5
3 cpecans, in pieces
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk
1 box(12 oz) vanilla wafers, crushed
10candied cherries, chopped
1/8 lbcandied pineapple
1/8 lbraisins, chopped (if desired)
·wine, (if desired)
How to Make Tropical Paradise Ice Box Cake
- combine crushed wafers, coconut, chopped cherries, pecans and pineapple and place in a large bowl. mix well. also add raisins, if desired.
- melt marshmallows in top of double boiler.
- add milk to melted marshmallows and mix well.
- remove from heat and pour onto wafer mixture. mix well.
- if desired, pour 1/4-1/2 cup of any good sweet wine (blackberry, pear, etc.) onto wafer mixture. mix well.
- when cool enough to handle, form into logs and wrap in waxed paper.
- chill at least 24 hours before serving. the longer the chilling, the better.
- slice into 1/2 inch slices and arrange on small platter. best served cold.