★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 3 c
- pecans, in pieces
- 8 large
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box
- (12 oz) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 c
- candied cherries, chopped
- 1/8 lb
- candied pineapple
- 1/8 lb
- raisins, chopped (if desired)
- wine, (if desired)
How to Make Tropical Paradise Ice Box Cake
- 1combine crushed wafers, coconut, chopped cherries, pecans and pineapple and place in a large bowl. mix well. also add raisins, if desired.
- 2melt marshmallows in top of double boiler.
- 3add milk to melted marshmallows and mix well.
- 4remove from heat and pour onto wafer mixture. mix well.
- 5if desired, pour 1/4-1/2 cup of any good sweet wine (blackberry, pear, etc.) onto wafer mixture. mix well.
- 6when cool enough to handle, form into logs and wrap in waxed paper.
- 7chill at least 24 hours before serving. the longer the chilling, the better.
- 8slice into 1/2 inch slices and arrange on small platter. best served cold.