Tropical Luau Cupcakes
- 2 can(s)
- crushed pineapple in juice (8oz each)
- 1 pkg
- yellow cake mix (without pudding in the mix)
- 1 pkg
- bananna cream instant pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 1/3 c
- vetable oil
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 3/4 c
- flaked coconut; toasted
- 4 oz
- unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 2 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Tropical Luau Cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Line standard muffin cups with paper baking cups. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside.
- 2Beat reserved pineapple juice, cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, and nutmeg in a large bowl with electric mixer at low speed 1 minute or until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Fold in pineapple. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- 3Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- 4To toast coconut, spread evenly on ungreased baking sheet; bake at 350 for 4 to 6 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring around on baking sheet frequently.
- 5Frosting. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- 6Once cupcakes have cooled, frost tops of cupcakes with frosting and then sprinkle with toasted coconut.