Tropical Luau Cupcakes
2 can(s)crushed pineapple in juice (8oz each)
1 pkgyellow cake mix (without pudding in the mix)
1 pkgbananna cream instant pudding mix (4 serving size)
1/3 cvetable oil
1/4 tspground nutmeg
3/4 cflaked coconut; toasted
4 ozunsalted butter, softened
4 ozcream cheese, softened
2 cpowdered sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Tropical Luau Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350. Line standard muffin cups with paper baking cups. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside.
- Beat reserved pineapple juice, cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, and nutmeg in a large bowl with electric mixer at low speed 1 minute or until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Fold in pineapple. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- To toast coconut, spread evenly on ungreased baking sheet; bake at 350 for 4 to 6 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring around on baking sheet frequently.
- Frosting. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, frost tops of cupcakes with frosting and then sprinkle with toasted coconut.