Tropical Cream Cake
It smells wonderful while it is baking.... trust me when I say you wake up the next day and the first thought you have is I can't believe I ate the whole thing.
You can bake this in a loaf pan or bundt pan...either way trust me it is just marvelous.
- 2 c
- a/p flour
- 2 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 stick
- 1 c
- orange (remove the core)
- 8 oz
- cream cheesee
- 1/4 c
- orange juice
- 1 c
- coconut, shredded
- 1-1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
How to Make Tropical Cream Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2Chop the orange with skin on and put the cup of peaches and the chopped orange in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- 3Add flour, 1 1/2 cup of sugar (save the rest for the cream), baking powder, salt. Combine well then add orange and peach mixture eggs and melted butter. Combine with mixer on medium.
- 4In a greased bundt or two loaf pans pour the cake batter in....(caution if you taste it you will continue to taste it several more times before you get in the oven)
- 5Soften the cream cheese in the microwave. With your mixer combine the remaining sugar and the cream cheese. After it combined add dollops of it on the top of the cake and with knife cut the cheese mixture through the cake. Swirling, whirling and twirling it.
- 6Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick or strand of uncooked spaghetti comes out clean.
- 7Cool for about 10-15 minutes and then flip onto a plate.
- 8While the cake is cooling add the orange juice to the coconut and mix it up and let it set until the cake is cooled. Add enough powdered sugar to the orange and coconut to make a glaze of your desired consistency. Drizzle it over the cake and enjoy!