How to Make Triple Play Chocolate Cake
- 1Grease and flour two 10" cake pans set aside. (If you want a smaller cake reduce the cake mix to one box and use an 8 or 9" set of cake pans.)
- 2Mix the cake mix according to directions but instead of water use the same amount of cool, black coffee. Bake as directed for the time set on the package or until done. Remove from oven, let sit 10 minutes and turn out on wire rack to cool.
- 3Level and cut each layer in half so you have 4 layers. Put the bottom layer on a cake plate or cardboard circle.
- 4Chocolate frosting recipe:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa
3 2/3 confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup milk or so
1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream butter, cocoa and sugar together. Add vanilla and milk a few tablespoons at a time till the consistancy is fluffy and light and easy to spread.
- 5Poke holes in each layer with a fork and spread Bosco or Hersheys chocolate syrup in a thin layer over each cake layer. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- 6Put a layer of chocolate frosting on top of the bottom layer, put the next layer on top of that and put a layer of chocolate frosting on that, repeat until you have stacked all your layers up. Frost entire cake with chocolate frosting. You can decorate it with chocolate curls or sprinkles.