TRES LECHES CAKE W/DULCE DE LECHE
Jo Anne Sugimoto
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 6 large
- eggs, separated
- 1 c
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk (13.5 oz.)
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated milk (12.oz.)
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- light rum
- dulce de leche, drizzle
How to Make TRES LECHES CAKE W/DULCE DE LECHE
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 9-inch baking pan with butter.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder.
- 3In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat the egg whites at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- 4In another large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar at medium speed until pale and thick, about 3 minutes.
- 5Beat the egg whites and the dry ingredients into the egg yolk mixture until smooth.
- 6Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, until golden in color, do a toothpick test, and if it comes out clean, it is done.
- 7Remove from the oven to a wire rack and let the cake cool for 15 minutes, then invert it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 8In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, whisk the condensed milk with the evaporated milk, heavy cream and rum.
- 9Cut the cake into 3-inch squares and add them to the baking dish, turning gently over once maybe twice. Tilt the dish and spoon the liquid over the squares until well-soaked, about 5 minutes.
- 10Pour off all but a thin layer of the liquid.
- 11Cover and refrigerate the cakes overnight.
- 12Carefully transfer the squares to serving plates and drizzle it with dulce de leche and serve.