Tres Leche Cake the easy way
How to Make Tres Leche Cake the easy way
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only 13x9-inch pan with shortening or spray bottom with cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- 3Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4In large bowl, mix 1 cup whipping cream, the whole milk, condensed milk. Pierce top of hot cake every 1/2 inch with long-tined fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking. Carefully pour mixture evenly over top of cake. Cover and refrigerate about 3 hours or overnight .
- 5In a large bowl, mix the cool whip, vanilla and rum (if using)
- 6Just before serving frost cake with cool whip mixture. Sprinkle with the finely chopped pecans. Store covered in refrigerator.