Torta di Cioccolata
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbbutter, unsalted
1 cplus 2 tbsp. sugar
1 cplus 2 tbsp. brewed expresso or french roast coffee
12 ozbittersweet chocolate
4 ozunsweetened chocolate
8 largeeggs, slightly beaten
How to Make Torta di Cioccolata
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9" pan with aluminum foil; grease and flour foil.
- In large saucepan over low heat, melt butter, sugar and coffee together, whisking to blend. Add bittersweet (or semisweet) and unsweetened chocolates. Whisk constantly until melted.
- Remove mixture from heat and whisk in eggs gradually. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Cake is done when top has a c rust and is dry to the touch. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate 12-14 hours before serving. Dust with powdered sugar or top with ganache.
- Dust with powdered sugar or top with ganache. Another alternative is to split the layer and fill with ricotta cream for a real Italian flair.