Torta di Cioccolata
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- butter, unsalted
- 1 c
- plus 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 c
- plus 2 tbsp. brewed expresso or french roast coffee
- 12 oz
- bittersweet chocolate
- 4 oz
- unsweetened chocolate
- 8 large
- eggs, slightly beaten
How to Make Torta di Cioccolata
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9" pan with aluminum foil; grease and flour foil.
- 2In large saucepan over low heat, melt butter, sugar and coffee together, whisking to blend. Add bittersweet (or semisweet) and unsweetened chocolates. Whisk constantly until melted.
- 3Remove mixture from heat and whisk in eggs gradually. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4Bake for 50-55 minutes. Cake is done when top has a c rust and is dry to the touch. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate 12-14 hours before serving. Dust with powdered sugar or top with ganache.
- 5Dust with powdered sugar or top with ganache. Another alternative is to split the layer and fill with ricotta cream for a real Italian flair.