Torta de Tres Leches
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cwhite granulated sugar
2 cwhite flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 cbutter, melted
1/2 cevaporated milk
How to Make Torta de Tres Leches
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 10x14 baking dish.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- In separate small bowl, beat yolks until light and pale. Fold into whites.
- In another small bowl
mix flour, salt and baking powder together and then fold into egg mixture gently.
- Finally, mix 1/2 cup evap. milk, butter and vanilla and fold into batter. Pour into prepared dish and bake 30 minutes. Cool.
- Prick with thick fork (meat fork) or similar instrument every inch at least.
- Milk topping: mix together 2 cans sweetened condensed milk, 1 can evaporated milk (plus remaining can from cake), 2-3 cups heavy cream. Pour over the cooled cake. Chill for several hours or overnight until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Frost with Uncooked Boiled Icing:
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 egg whites
1/2 cup boiling water
2 tsp vanilla
Beat together until thick and fluffy. Frost top of cake. Store cake in the refrigerator.