Tomato Soup Cake
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
3 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
3/4 tspground cloves
1 1/2 tspnutmeg
1 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 cchopped nuts
1 can(s)tomato soup
1 1/2 craisins
How to Make Tomato Soup Cake
- Preheat your oven to 360*. (Or as closely as possible. I know that's an odd temperature, but this is an old recipe and that's what the women in my family have always done for this cake.)
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Place your raisins in a bowl full of very warm water. Separate them a bit if they are all stuck together. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
- Cut shortening into the flour and spice mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar and tomato soup.
- Add half of the soup mixture to the flour mixture and beat at low speed until moistened.
- Add the rest of the soup mixture and beat on one of your medium settings for 2 mintues. Batter will be thick.
- Now drain all the water from the raisins and lady them out flat on some paper towels. Layer more paper towels on top and roll them around until they are dry.
- Place raisins in a small bowl and toss with a bit of flour to coat.
- Add the raisins and nuts to the batter.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan. Allow to sit for 24 hours before serving. Ice with cream cheese icing before serving.