★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 ctoffee bars, 6 3/8 ounces, broken
1 cchopped walnuts
5 ozunsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/2 cbutter, softened
How to Make Toffee Fudge Brownies
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325.
- Grease and flour 9 inch square baking pan.
- Combine toffee and walnuts in work bowl of processor and chop coarsely using 6 to 8 inch steel knife.
- Remove from work bowl and set aside.
- Combine sugar and chocolate in work bowl and mix using 6 on/off turns, then process until chocolate is as fine as sugar, about 1 minute.
- Add butter and blend 1 minute.
- Add eggs, vanilla and salt and blend until fluffy, about 40 seconds, stopping as necessary to scrape down sides of work bowl.
- Add flour and toffee mixture and blend using 4 to 5 on/off turns, just until flour is incorporated; do not overprocess (remove steel knife and blend mixture gently with spatula if necessary to mix in flour completely).
- Turn batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake until tester inserted in center comes out almost clean, about 50 minutes (for firmer, cakelike brownies, bake about 5 minutes longer).
- Let cool in pan on rack.
- Cut into 1 3/4-inch squares.
- Store in airtight container.