Toffee Crunch Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgpound cake, frozen
2 cheavy cream
3/4 cbutterscotch syrup
3.25 ozchocolate covered toffee candy bars, chopped
How to Make Toffee Crunch Cake
- Cut pound cake horizontally into 3 equal-sized layers; set aside.
- In a chilled large deep bowl, beat the cream with chilled beaters until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add the butterscotch syrup, folding gently.
- Place the first cake layer on a serving plate.
- Liberally frost with whipped cream mixture.
- Sprinkle layer with 1/3 of the candy bars and arrange second layer repeating process.
- Top with the third layer and frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped cream.
- Drizzle more butterscotch syrup over cake, and top with remaining candy bars.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Variation: Use strawberry or chocolate syrup in place of butterscotch and garnish with chopped frozen strawberries or semi-sweet chocolate chips.