Toffee Crunch Cake
- 1 pkg
- pound cake, frozen
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 3/4 c
- butterscotch syrup
- 3.25 oz
- chocolate covered toffee candy bars, chopped
How to Make Toffee Crunch Cake
- 1Cut pound cake horizontally into 3 equal-sized layers; set aside.
- 2In a chilled large deep bowl, beat the cream with chilled beaters until stiff peaks form.
- 3Gradually add the butterscotch syrup, folding gently.
- 4Place the first cake layer on a serving plate.
- 5Liberally frost with whipped cream mixture.
- 6Sprinkle layer with 1/3 of the candy bars and arrange second layer repeating process.
- 7Top with the third layer and frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped cream.
- 8Drizzle more butterscotch syrup over cake, and top with remaining candy bars.
- 9Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- 10Variation: Use strawberry or chocolate syrup in place of butterscotch and garnish with chopped frozen strawberries or semi-sweet chocolate chips.