- egg yolks
- 3/4 c
- white sugar
- 2/3 c
- 1 lb
- marscarpone cheese
- 1 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 c
- strong brewed coffee or expresso, room temp
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 oz. packages of ladyfinger cookies
- 1 Tbsp
- unsweetened cocoa powder
COOKIES AND TOPPER:
How to Make Tiramisu
- 1In a medium saucepan whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended.
- 2Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- 3Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- 4Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 5In a medium bowl beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- 6Whisk marscarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- 7In a small bowl combine coffee and rum.
- 8Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise, line a 7x11 inch dish with half of the split fingers and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- 9Spread half of the marscarpone mixture over lady fingers, then half of the whipped cream over that.
- 10Repeat the layers of cookies, marscarpone, and whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa.
- 11Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, until set.