3/4 cwhite sugar
1 lbmarscarpone cheese
1 1/4 cheavy cream
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/4 cstrong brewed coffee or expresso, room temp
COOKIES AND TOPPER:
23 oz. packages of ladyfinger cookies
1 Tbspunsweetened cocoa powder
How to Make Tiramisu
- In a medium saucepan whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk marscarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- In a small bowl combine coffee and rum.
- Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise, line a 7x11 inch dish with half of the split fingers and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- Spread half of the marscarpone mixture over lady fingers, then half of the whipped cream over that.
- Repeat the layers of cookies, marscarpone, and whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, until set.