Jo Anne Sugimoto
Whoever makes this one first, can you please let me know how it turns out.
I will . . . very soon try to tackle a tiramisu recipe. I promise . . . :+P
- 1 1/4 c
- cake flour (not self-rising), sifted
- 3/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 c
- vanilla bean, split lengthwide, seeds scraped
- and reserved
- 1/2 stick
- butter, room temperature, cut into cubes
- 3 large
- eggs, room temperature
- egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 c
- coffee-marsala syrup
- mascarpone frosting or cool whip
- unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
How to Make TIRAMISU CUPCAKES
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prep 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- 2Sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3Heat milk and vanilla-bean pod and seeds in a small saucepan over medium heat just until bubbles appear around the edges. Remove from heat.
- 4Whisk in butter until melted, let stand for 15 minutes.
- 5Strain milk mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, and discard the vanilla-bean pod.
- 6With an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk together whole eggs, yolks, and sugar. Set mixing bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk by hand until sugar is dissolved and mixture is warm, about 6 minutes. Remove bowl from heat.
- 7With an electric mixer on high speed, whisk until mixture is fluffy, pale yellow and thick enough to hold a ribbon on the surface for several seconds when the whisk is lifted.
- 8Gently but thoroughly fold flour mixture into the egg mixture in three batches, stir 1/2 cup batter into the strained milk mixture to thicken, then fold milk mixture into the remaining batter until just combined.
- 9Divide batter evenly into muffin tin, filling each to about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minute, rotating halfway through and until the centers are completely set and the edges are a light golden brown.
- 10Remove from oven onto a wire rack to cool completely before removing the cupcakes from the muffin tin.
- 11Brush the coffee-marsala syrup onto the tops of the cupcakes, saturate the cupcake pretty well and let stand for about 20 minutes. Frost or pipe Mascarpone Frosting or Cool Whip, dust tops with unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 12Refrigerate overnight in an airtight container.