Jo Anne Sugimoto
12 ozsemi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 cbutter, softened
1 1/3 cplus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
1 ccake flour
1/4 cinstant coffee granules or espresso powder
2cartons (8 oz.) each mascarpone cheese
2 tspspice island - pure vanilla
1 tspbaking cocoa
How to Make TIRAMISU BROWNIES
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate. Stir till smooth, cool slightly.
- Beat in butter. Gradually beat in 1 1/3 cup of sugar. Add 6 eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Combine flour and coffee granules, add to chocolate mixture. Beat on low speed till just combined, set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Pour 4 cups of chocolate batter into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Spread the filling evenly over the chocolate batter then top with the remaining chocolate batter, spreading evenly to completely cover the filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set and brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool on a wire rack. Dust with cocoa and cut into squares.
- Store in refrigerator.