Jo Anne Sugimoto
- 12 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 1 1/3 c
- plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 c
- cake flour
- 1/4 c
- instant coffee granules or espresso powder
- cartons (8 oz.) each mascarpone cheese
- 2 tsp
- spice island - pure vanilla
- 1 tsp
- baking cocoa
How to Make TIRAMISU BROWNIES
- 1In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate. Stir till smooth, cool slightly.
- 2Beat in butter. Gradually beat in 1 1/3 cup of sugar. Add 6 eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg.
- 3Combine flour and coffee granules, add to chocolate mixture. Beat on low speed till just combined, set aside.
- 5In a small bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar and eggs until smooth.
- 6Pour 4 cups of chocolate batter into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- 7Spread the filling evenly over the chocolate batter then top with the remaining chocolate batter, spreading evenly to completely cover the filling.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set and brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 9Cool on a wire rack. Dust with cocoa and cut into squares.
- 10Store in refrigerator.