★★★★★ 1 vote5
24 ozmascarpone cheese, softened
10 largeegg yolks
3/4 ccane sugar
4 Tbspmarsala wine
WHIPPED CREAM MIXTURE
1 1/3 cheavy cream
1/4 ccane sugar
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 1/2 ccoffee
1 1/2 cdark rum
1 cheavy whipping cream
2 tspvanilla extract
1 tspmarsala wine
1/2 cshaved chocolate curls for garnish
1 pkgvanilla wafers cookies
How to Make Tiramisu
- Beat Mascarpone Cheese until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Make Egg Mixture: In a double boiler, combine egg yolks, 3/4 cup of sugar and the Marsala and whisk until blended. Place simmering water in the double boiler on medium high heat. Whisk until triples in volume (5-7 minutes.) Remove from heat, cover and chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Make Whipped Cream Mixture: In another medium bowl, beat heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract together until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Make Coffee Rum Mixture: Brew strong coffee, adding to it the Rum. Set aside.
- Put it all together: (like making a lasagna)
A) Gently fold Whipped Cream Mixture into Mascarpone.
B) Gently fold Egg Mixture into Whipped Cream/Mascarpone.
C) In a medium square pan, put down a thin layer of the Mascarpone Mixture.
D) Dip the Vanilla Wafers in the Coffee/Rum mixture for 3 seconds, then pace on paper towel.
E) Press the Vanilla Wafers in a single layer into the pan on top on the Mascarpone Mixture.
F) Cover Wafers with 1/2 of the Mascarpone Mixture.
G) Tap pan to release air bubbles.
H) Lay another layer of Vanilla Wafers in pan.
I) Spread remainder of Mascarpone Mixture on Wafers.
J) Tap pan, cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Whip together Topping Mixture of cream, sugar, vanilla, and marsala until stiff peaks are formed. Top Tiramisu with this Whipped Cream and decorate with chocolate curls.