Even if you're not a big fan of coffee flavor, you may just like this yummy dish. In fact, we plain licked the bowl clean after spreading on the filling... It's THAT good! Close your eyes and let this terrific recipe transport you right to your favorite Italian restaurant.
- 1 pkg
- pound cake
- 1/2 c
- egg whites (you can buy this in the store)
- 3/4 c
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp
- rum extract
- 8 oz
- frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 c
- cold prepared strong coffee / espresso
- 2 tsp
- baking cocoa
- chocolate shavings
How to Make Tiramisu
- 1(1) Pre-heat oven at 350 F
(2) Beat Cake mix, 1/2 cup egg whites (store bought) and 3/4 cup milk for 3-4 min
(3) Bake the cake in a 9" x 5" loaf pan for 60 min or until fully baked
(4) Cut the cake in 10 slices
(5) Place the slices in freezer for 5 min to cool them down
(6) Get rid of crisp sides, top and bottom
- 2Cream Cheese Filling:
(1) Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
(2) Add 1/2 tbsp Rum Extract and mix again.
(3) Add whipped topping to the cream cheese mixture. Continue to miX.
- 3Arrange half of the pound cake slices on bottom of ungreased square pan - 8x8x2 inches.
(2) Drizzle 1/2 cup of the espresso over pound cake slices with a spoon.
(3) Spread half of the cream cheese filling over it.
Arrange remaining pound cake slices on cream cheese filling.
(5) Drizzle remaining 1/2 cup espresso.
(6) Spread remaining cream cheese filling.
(7) Sift or sprinkle cocoa over top using a sieve. Spread chocolate shavings.
(8) Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours or until filling is firm. FAT FREE filling takes a little longer to firm.
Store covered in refrigerator.