Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make TIRAMISU
- 1Have 4 - 8 ounce wine glasses ready.
- 2In a chilled bowl, combine 3/4 cup of heavy cream and 1/4 cup sugar. Whip with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready for use.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1/4 cup heavy cream, vanilla and the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar. Whip with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- 4Reserve 4 ladyfingers for garnish.
- 5Using one ladyfinger at a time, cut it in half, then dip it quickly into the coffee and place it into the bottom of the wine glass. Repeat with the other 3 glasses.
- 6Put a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on top of the ladyfingers in each glass.
- 7Do another layer of ladyfingers dipped in the coffee, then another layer of cream cheese mixture, then one more layer of ladyfingers.
- 8Top with remaining filling and dollop with whipped cream.
- 9Break the reserved 4 ladyfingers in half and insert 2 halves onto the top of each glass.
- 10Put the cocoa powder into a small sieve and tap it gently over each glass to dust the tops. Add a sprig of mint for garnish.
- 11Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.