Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make TIRAMISU
- Have 4 - 8 ounce wine glasses ready.
- In a chilled bowl, combine 3/4 cup of heavy cream and 1/4 cup sugar. Whip with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready for use.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1/4 cup heavy cream, vanilla and the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar. Whip with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Reserve 4 ladyfingers for garnish.
- Using one ladyfinger at a time, cut it in half, then dip it quickly into the coffee and place it into the bottom of the wine glass. Repeat with the other 3 glasses.
- Put a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on top of the ladyfingers in each glass.
- Do another layer of ladyfingers dipped in the coffee, then another layer of cream cheese mixture, then one more layer of ladyfingers.
- Top with remaining filling and dollop with whipped cream.
- Break the reserved 4 ladyfingers in half and insert 2 halves onto the top of each glass.
- Put the cocoa powder into a small sieve and tap it gently over each glass to dust the tops. Add a sprig of mint for garnish.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.