How to Make Tie-Dyed Cupcakes
- 1Mix cake mix according to directions. Line cupcake pans with 24 liners.
- 2Choose the number of colors you'd like to use & separate the batter into equal amounts. (4 colors, 4 bowls...etc.) Add food coloring to each bowl to create the colors for your tie dyed cupcakes.
- 3Starting with the color you want on the bottom, spoon in about a tbsp of the cake batter. Repeat this step for each muffin cup. Move to the next color & repeat. Do not worry if the color doesn't go all the way across....it's cute that way.
- 4Layer all colors until the batter reaches 1/2 to 3/4 full. Bake according to package directions.
- 5Ice with your favorite icing (we use homemade buttercream)& decorate with sprinkles or colored sugars.
- 6***This can also be used to make a layered cake. Just pour the different colors, one at a time, into the cake pans & bake. ****