This would also be fun project for a slumber party or a birthday party! :-p
- white cake batter (mix or homemade)
- food coloring (few colors)
- 1 lb
- powdered sugar
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 stick
FOR BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
How to Make Tie-Dye Cupcakes!
- 1Make batter according to directions on the box (or use a homemade version).
- 2Separate batter into 4 (or however many colors you want) different bowls. I used blue, green, orange, and pink food coloring.
- 3Put paper liners in the muffin tins and spoon each color on top of each other randomly. Do not stir! That'll make it all a yucky color, haha!
- 4Bake according to directions.
- 5for the frosting: beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, scraping bowl often. For a thinner consistency, add milk a little at a time.